items that are key to buying any condo, anywhere.
Size of suites:
It’s not always easy to find larger suites in new developments. Yorkson Creek offers large suites ranging from 1000 sq. ft. to over 1500 sq. ft. We also have very efficient suites for those interested in 550 sq. ft. to 800 sq. ft.
Unit sizes are expressed in standard architectural and real estate format. Sizes are expressed in square feet and are to the outside of the walls of the unit. For a complete explanation of the measurement process click here.
You need amenities like shopping and restaurants nearby, and access to the freeway without being too close. Also, access to green space, and enough distance from downtown congestion. Yorkson Creek is next to a 52 acre park in Langley, close enough to the freeway near 200th Street, and within easy reach of all amenities including parks, restaurants, theatre, libraries, grocery stores, and community centres. This part of Langley is known as an exceptionally safe area.
Low quality buildings are everywhere. High quality is more elusive but easy to spot; from air conditioning to high-speed elevators. Yorkson Creek will truly surprise you with its extra-high quality.
Cost comes in two forms: purchase price and monthly strata fees. Most condos in Langley cost about $300 per sq. ft., a little higher for small units. The other cost is strata fees. High quality developments usually have lower fees. At Yorkson Creek they are very low, $182 per month – this includes cable and internet service (provided by Shaw).
Parking: Every suite has 2 parking spots!
It is important that every suite have 2 parking spots. This keeps traffic congestion off the streets and is key to resale. Yorkson Creek has 2 spots for every suite, regardless of suite size. “A” style suites include 1 larger parking spot for oversize vehicles.
Everybody needs additional storage. Some buildings have none, some have little cages somewhere in the garage. At Yorkson Creek every suite comes with a secure mini-garage near one of your parking spots. Mini-garages have interior lights and an electrical outlet. These vary in size but most are 200 cubic feet and larger.
Quieter Suites: With Our Acoustic Package
Older buildings are notorious for sound transmission between suites. Yorkson Creek goes many steps beyond what is required in the building code to design suites that are quieter.
- Floors are either solid concrete or acoustic isolated concrete
- The flooring underside assembly has
- sound-dampening insulation
- Side-by-side suites each have their own separate 2X6 wall
- Walls are insulated, and each side has 2 layers of 5/8” drywall or a layer of wood under drywall
- Acoustic wood-grained plank laminate
- Carpet is laid on 10 lb acoustic underlay
- Ceilings between suites have 2 layers of 5/8” drywall
- Ceiling drywall is mounted on sound-bar channel to block sound transmission
- Ceiling systems include sound dampening insulation.
Other acoustic precautions
- Electrical receptacles are back-insulated on walls between suites
- Features that penetrate the sound barrier are avoided on surfaces between suites
- Vertical main plumbing lines are rubber mounted
Quiet is not Silent
Balconies should be useable space. At Yorkson Creek the majority of balconies are glassed-in solariums with retractable glass so you can truly enjoy year-round outdoor space. Top floor suites have open-air balconies. Garden level suites have generous patios.
Appliances are the key to a gourmet kitchen. Our appliances include: a stainless flat-top slide-in range with true European convection oven; a stainless fridge with double french doors, pull-out freezer drawer and ice/water dispenser in the door; stainless dishwasher, with stainless interior; stainless over-the-range microwave; built-in garburator, and more.
Strata Rules & Fees:
At Yorkson Creek 3, monthly strata fees are low and estimated at:
- $182 for 2014
- $187 for 2015
- $192 for 2016
Strata Fees include:
- Shaw Cable with over 100 digital channels, including many in HD (pay per view, and specialty channels are extra if you want them)
- Shaw High-Speed internet (upgrade to gigabit Internet is available at extra cost)
- Fire/Water/Flood/Earthquake insurance that is required for your mortgage
- Hot water from high-efficiency condensing boilers
- Nicely equipped exercise room and meeting room (yours to enjoy)
- Enterphone system (this is included with the building and is not leased)
- Building, grounds and landscaping maintenance
Contracts are established prior to construction (negotiated using the developer’s buying power) resulting in long-term low rates for the benefit of Yorkson Creek suite owners.
- 2 pets allowed up to 15 kg each
- No age restrictions
- Renting permitted. A new BC Law (2010) does not permit strata councils to change rental status
Whether two people live in a larger suite or a smaller suite, they use the same amount of hot water and other building services. At Yorkson Creek we keep things fair by charging the same Strata Fee for all suites in the building.
Some condos have cheap siding and simply look cheap. At Yorkson Creek we have stunning West Coast architecture which features beams, stone, and quality exteriors.
We avoid the minimalist ‘downtown’ look inside. At Yorkson Creek our interior designers spend the money on real wood doors, real wood cabinets, genuine granite, high-end appliances, heated floors and mirrors in bathrooms, frameless showers and much more.
Air Conditioning & Heat Pumps:
Our new heat pump system is an adjustable multi-zone system for the ultimate in efficient cooling and heating. High-efficiency ductless-split heat pump technology delivers warming or cooling directly to each bedroom and the main living area.
Everyone in the Lower Mainland wants to be able to connect to our world-class Skytrain system. This also connects Langley to Vancouver International Airport.
TransLink and the Provincial Government have just completed a $55 million Skytrain Park and Ride express service from Langley to the Skytrain. This facility, the Carvolth Exchange and Park & Ride, is only a 2 minute drive or 1.4 km walk from Yorkson Creek.
Express Bus #555 connects directly to the Braid Skytrain Station with NO stops. The 2 zone fare is $4 and the 3 zone fare is $5.50, which includes both bus and Skytrain. Discounts are available for monthly users, children, seniors and students.
Stunning West Coast Architecture
and Elegant Interior Design
- Extensive use of glass, timber and stone create a rich timeless exterior which epitomizes the West Coast Architectural tradition
- Our 9 foot high ceilings create an air of elegance compared to standard 8’ high ceilings
- We offer 2 storey penthouses and vaulted ceilings on the top floor
- Middle floors offer “year-round use” glassed-in solariums
Gorgeous Fold-Away Glassed-in Solariums
Patios become a year-round usable space
Solarium glass panels are configurable to be open or closed position for varying degrees of openness.
A Yorkson Creek exclusive
Signs of a High Quality Development
- High speed, large size elevators (350 feet per minute, 3500 lb capacity)
- Fiber optic cabling to each suite for great HDTV, internet and phone, future-proofing the development
- Air conditioned suites with Heat Pump technology
- Quality/efficiencies that result in low Strata Fees
- Building has extensive acoustic noise-suppression features
- Our buildings are very energy efficient. Our acoustic package adds an extra layer of energy savings. The high-efficiency, condensing boilers also add to the overall energy efficiency.
- Low E windows, rain-screen technology, and above-code insulation
- Energy Star appliances and equipment are used wherever possible
- Energy efficiency is great for the environment and saves our owners money on their utilities
Security and Warranty
We take security seriously:
- The buildings have a 55+ camera CCTV system
- Each suite is pre-wired for a security system
- We have nearby live-in management to protect your investment
- Your developer is affiliated with professional associations, including the Urban Development Institute, Canada’s Green Building Council, and the Greater Vancouver Home Builders Association
- Our buildings have a Travelers 2-5-10 year warranty. (go to www.YorksonCreek.com/travelers for details)
- Glassed-in solarium system has a 5 year parts and labour warranty
Carpentry and Finish
- Our door height is an elegant 7 feet rather than the standard 6 feet 8 inches
- Interior doors are solid-core fir
- Bedroom closets have wood built-in shelves rather than wire
- Extra-large closets
- Windows are Low-E
- Windows have faux wood blinds
- Windows are cased all sides
- High-end moulding package
- An attractive fireplace included
- Granite countertops
- Gourmet under-mount sink
- Genuine wood raised-panel cabinets
- Cabinets have wood finish inside
- Recessed lighting under upper cabinets
- Extra height in upper cabinets (more storage)
- Soft-close cabinet doors
- Full extension, soft-closing drawers
- Most lower corner cabinets have a lazy-susan and upper corners have a lighted glass feature
- Full-height tile backsplash between countertop and upper cabinets
- High-end kitchen lighting
- Stainless fridge (french doors and freezer drawer), filtered water and ice dispenser
- Stainless stove, slide-in true European convection oven with front controls
- Built-in stainless microwave oven
- Built-in sink garburator
- Top-of-the-line Kohler faucet
- Built-in soap dispenser
- Stainless dishwasher, with stainless interior
- USB power outlet for device charging
- Heated tile floor
- Granite vanity top
- Genuine wood raised-panel cabinets
- 3/4 extension, soft-closing drawers
- Built-in medicine cabinet
- Large mirrors
- Heated fog-free mirrors
- Built-in LED night light
- Luxury height toilets & countertops
- Bright lighting over sinks
- Most master ensuites have 2 sinks
- Tile tub surround with attractive travertine porcelain tile
- Rain-heads in most showers
- Up and down sliding rods for shower head height adjustment
- Lighting in showers
- Curved double shower rod